Monday, January 26, 2009

This is the Recipe for a Long Life?

Region's oldest person, 110, dies
  • Don't drink
  • Don't eat chocolate
  • Don't eat hamburgers
  • Don't have kids
  • Work until you're 70
  • Live 50 years as a widow after your husband dies

This sure doesn't sound like a fun way to spend 110 years. No drinking and no chocolate? You've got to be kidding! I'd rather have 60 years full of martinis and Current's triple chocolate cake than 110 years without it. (I guess it's possible the old lady didn't necessarily like chocolate or alcohol, but then that just wouldn't make any sense.)

I can see working until you're 70 if you really enjoy your job. But come on, who enjoys working THAT much? Jeff and I are already planning ahead to when we can stop working for good someday.

And then, thinking about spending 50 years of my life without Jeff (or any other male companionship), and my whole life without Rowan (and soon, Tiberia)? Well, that's just downright depressing.

With my attitude, I guess I won't live to see 100, much less 110. But I'll have a lot more fun doing it.

No comments: