Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things Jeff Won't Miss About Being Pregnant


It seems there's undue focus on how Angela has been feeling and not enough about how I've been coping with the pregnancy. I've compiled a list of things I will and will not miss about these last 41 weeks.

Things I will not miss:
  • Sleeping next to a Vampire (Angela's propped up sleeping position)
  • Guilt associated with drinking delicious beer in her presence
  • Seeing Angela go through months of nausea
Things I will miss:
  • Automatic designated driver
  • Pregnant Mother Parking
  • Satisfying thump of a pregnant belly
  • Concrete evidence of my manliness
  • Leaving work for baby doctor appointments
  • Being able to use the name Tiberia
It's been rough on me for sure, but hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be celebrating the arrival of our daughter and the beginning of our new life.

No comments: